We know what you like, and you like what we know.
• Breakfast included with booking (Hood River Hotel has it)
• Guest loyalty points (nope, but we’ll remember your name)
• Restaurant (Hood River Hotel has it)
• Shuttle service to local attractions or airport (Hood River Hotel can arrange it)
TripAdvisor surveyed more than 1,000 travelers. Of them, 54% said they canceled a hotel reservation after finding better amenities at a competing property.
Things that didn’t matter that much to travelers?
• Turndown service (we don’t offer it; we figure you’re smart enough to pull back your own covers)
• Pets allowed (we offer it, but only in three ground-level rooms)
• Spa (we have one, but we don’t offer fracials and pedicures; neighboring businesses can take care of that for you)
• Tours, excursions or activities (we work with local tour operators; we’ll also help you create your own tour)
• Room service (nope; we’ve got an antique elevator that takes you to the lobby, which is 50 feet from the dining room).